You’re in bed,
laying comfortably with your phone in your hands,
watching your favorite YouTube channel, a how-to video, a makeup tutorial, or some hilarious prank video that you never get bored of. You may think that these people are uploading this content just for fun.
they do it for free in the beginning but gradually most of the YouTube channels start making money, rather than a lot of money. So, exactly how much money does a YouTuber make? This is what we are going to discuss today.
YouTube Payments are addition to your normal payroll in the beginning. But the Top YouTubers earn enough revenue regularly that they never need/want any other job.
Let’s discuss the average pay rates that YouTube pays to its video creators.
Earning of A YouTuber Per View
Want to know how much a YouTuber earns per view on YouTube? According to various sources, a YouTuber can get $0.01-$0.03 per view with AdSense. So, we can calculate that on average a YouTuber gets $0.18 per view. However, the amount YouTube pays depends upon a variety of factors, including:
- Total number of views on a video
- Total number of clicks on the Ad
- Location of a viewer
- The total length of a video
Earning of A YouTuber Per 1,000 Views
As we discussed the average advertising pay rates hover from $0.01 to $0.03. So, a YouTuber can earn roughly $1.8 per 1,000 views of a YouTube video. According to another estimation by Forbes, a top-rated Youtuber can earn $5 for every 1,000 videos.
Hence, creating a YouTube channel can be difficult, especially when it comes to creating great content that will appeal to a wide range of audiences. It becomes a difficult task to achieve. We will discuss the other details later in this article.
Earning of A YouTuber Per Subscriber
YouTube does not pay you for your channel subscriptions. A subscriber is the one who chooses to follow your account for easy access to your latest videos. when you publish a video, it automatically appears on their home screen.
Subscribers are important because there is a high probability that your subscriber will watch your video, like it, and make comments on it. They will share it with even more people that will give you more views count. Ultimately you will have a chance of earning more money as more ads will be shown on your videos.
Earning of a YouTuber Per Video
Each YouTuber’s earning per video depends on several factors, including The number of views on your video and the number of Google ads displayed on it. With an estimated Forbes revenue ($5 per 1,000 views), you can generate approximately $5,000 with a video having 1,000,000 views on YouTube.
That is a very huge amount for today’s influencers. As mentioned above, these are just estimated values. Some YouTubers may generate more or less revenue depending on ad quality, click-through rate, and other similar factors.
The key factor to be noted is that this field has rapid growth. According to a study, the ad spending of video advertising on social networks is most likely to be increased by 44% by the end of 2021.
Number of Views Required to Get Paid
The revenue you generate with the Help of Google AdSense ads is added to your account as a balance. You need at least a $100 balance to get paid by YouTube. So, if you generate $5 revenue out of every 1,000 views, you’ll have to get at least 20,000 views on your videos. For this purpose, YouTube has created a YouTube Partner Program. It helps a YouTuber to get paid by showing ads on their videos. But unluckily you cannot join the YouTube Partner Program just as you join YouTube. You need at least:
- 1,000 subscribers
- Receive 4,000 hours of watch time in the last 1 year
- Sign and accept the terms and conditions
- An AdSense account.
After having this all, your account will get reviewed and approved.
Once you join the YouTube Partners Program, you can make money with ads. This can be done in two ways.
- Cost Per Click (CPC)
- Cost Per Thousand Views (CPM)
You get paid for every 1000 views with CPM. With CPC, you can make money based on the number of clicks on the ad that is placed on your video
But when promoting with AdSense, keep in mind that Google takes 32% of its profits. For example, if your video earned $1,000 through AdSense, $320 will be the share of Google, while you would earn the amount of $680 only.
Other Ways to Earn through YouTube
Advertising with AdSense is not the only way to make money on YouTube. A YouTuber can earn money through many other sources as well. Here are some other ways to make money on YouTube:
- Affiliate links: You must have watched a lot of YouTubers reviewing different products in their videos. You must have also watched a YouTuber discussing their favorite brands. If so, you will have seen them sharing affiliate links. These links will take you to the pages where you can buy the products or services of those brands. If you purchase that item, the YouTuber will get some percentage of that purchase.
- Merchandise: Whether you follow your favorite players or vloggers, you’ve probably seen them opening a store to make different products for their loyal fans. YouTubers with a large fan base often create an online store for their brand/channel to sell the T-shirts, hats, bags, and other accessories with the name or logo of their brand/channel.
- Sponsorship: You can find the most famous YouTubers with millions of fan bases. Different companies often partner-up with those YouTubers to make the sponsored video for the goodwill of that company only. This marketing strategy is also growing very fast and many companies are happy to pay the YouTubers to review and promote their products to increase their sales.
After getting to know about the income you top YouTubers and how much you can earn, you must be reconsidering about diving into this career opportunity. you may think you can generate worthy videos that can appeal to thousands or even millions of viewers. If so, you must give it a try and you may stand out.