Have you ever dream of getting paid for free shopping? I am not kidding.
Yes, you can get your shopping bills reimbursed in reality, and that’s not all you will be paid additional amount for this shopping activity.
I am talking about a side hustle; Mystery Shopping that is getting popular very rapidly and beating many full-time jobs.
What Is Mystery Shopping
Marketing research companies use Mystery shopping as a method to gauge customer experience and evaluate quality of products, services, standard compliance or to collect certain information about market place, market players, and their products and services.
Mystery shopping helps researchers or research firms to understand the customer experience.
Who Are Mystery Shoppers
Market research companies hire secret shoppers for mystery shopping who act and shop like a normal shopper to get true shopping experience and then report this experience to his employer.
How Much Mystery Shoppers Earn
Besides all the fun and free goodies, the main motivation is money that comes through. Curious like many others? Realistically speaking beginners may earn $8 to $ 20 an hour. Experienced shoppers make a lot more than that. It all depends how well you perform tasks and how special the assignment is for company.
I know many secret shoppers who easily make $8000 to $17000 a year from this side hustle. I Repeat; “Side Hustle”, not main source of income
Why Shall You Consider Mystery Shopping
Here are some of the top reasons to consider becoming a mystery shopper:
- You get to shop for free. Who doesn’t love getting a free meal or a free product? As a mystery shopper, you get to do just that. Plus, you can often take your friends and family with you.
- You get paid to shop. This one is pretty obvious, but it’s still worth mentioning. As a mystery shopper, you get paid to eat out, buy clothes and products, and do all sorts of other things that you would normally do for fun.
- You get to test products and services. One of the best parts of being a mystery shopper is getting to test out new products and services before they hit the market. This gives you a firsthand look at what’s available, so you can make more informed decisions when it comes time to buy.
- You get to improve your customer service skills. As a mystery shopper, you’re often interacting with store employees and giving them feedback on their customer service skills. This can be a great way to improve your own customer service skills and learn what works (and what doesn’t) when it comes to providing great service.
How To Get Started?
Ready to get started? So, how do you become a mystery shopper? It’s actually quite simple. You just have to take some time to research online, or even check out some specialized mystery shopping companies.
Once you find a company that looks promising and suits your needs, all you have to do is sign up and fill out the application. In your application, most companies will ask for basic personal information, as well as your skills and experience that make you a fit for the job.
You should also know that many mystery shopping companies require some kind of background check, so be ready to provide proof of identity when needed. After you’re done with the application process, all that’s left is to wait for assignments and start shopping!
5 Top Mystery Shopping Companies
If you’re interested in becoming a mystery shopper, here are 5 top companies to consider:
- Sinclair Customer Metrics: A great choice if you want to get paid quickly.
- IntelliShop: A reliable company with a large network of shoppers.
- Market Force: They specialize in gathering insight and feedback from customers.
- BestMark: This is the go-to option for mystery shopping in North America.
- Mystery Shop Forum: It’s an excellent website if you’re looking for a variety of assignments.
The great thing about becoming a secret shopper is that it’s flexible and you can work as much or as little as you want—perfect for those juggling busy schedules or full-time jobs! Plus, the pay can range anywhere from $5-$100 depending on the assignment, so it’s a great way to make some extra money on the side.